Thursday, October 18, 2012


I am not going to lie this project stressed me out a bit. !!  Mainly because it was for a fundraiser, I wanted it to meet parents expectations.  However,  I should waited with my reaction until the project was complete.  In the end I  was pleased finished projects!   (- insert - BIG Sigh-O-Relief!!)

Here is the process:
Fist, students wrote name (first or last) on a square sheet of paper - folded on the diagonal - Name had to FILL the space. Next, their name was traced on the window, creating a mirror image below.



On to the  Foam Printing Plate  . . . This was a little tricky for my 5th grade.  Each paper square was taped on top of a foam square of the same size.  Students transferred the paper image to the foam by pressing into it with a plastic stick.  Once all letters were traced into the foam, we removed the paper  and made sure you could see each letter.  Often students needed to retrace letters or press harder into the foam.


And PRINT!!!  Inked up Foam "print plates" were stamped onto a larger square sheet of paper.   each  was rotate to the right so each point matched at the center.  I had students draw a star at the corner (or # each corner) that was to match in the middle, each time.  The students of course like the PRINTING part.  Actually had one student say, "Thanks for letting us have so much today in Art!"  ((Warm Fuzzy Moment!))


If I could RE-DO . . .  Since this was for a fundraiser I was limited by the size 8 1/2 x 8 1/2.  I think a larger size would have helped a bit.  And of course we were in a time crunch to finish on time.  So more time to reprint may also have helped.
I don't know if this project will be made again next year  . . . a work in progress, maybe. 


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Lovely color combinations.... enjoying your blog! I'd love you to visit me at Dream Painters :)

Mrs. Schultz said...

Thank you Elizabeth! I just checked out your blog and I think the stormy sea lesson will inspire some projects in the future. I'll be following - thanks!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 Double Loaded Paintbrush.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.