Friday, January 28, 2011

At times I find my self trying to wrap too much into each project!  This project was actually created as a time filler for those that finished early but it turned out so great I had the whole class paint one.
  • Wet-on-wet (cool) watercolors were used to paint the background.  
  • Once dried students added trees and snowflakes with white tempera - focusing on lines
  • We also painted shadows in the snow with watercolor


It reminded me it's OK to keep things simple sometimes.  Plus the best part it didn't take several art classes to finish!!!

3 comments:

Mrs. Skojec said...

Okay, I'm liking your work so far, but you stopped posting! Come on, I want to see more!

Are those twins taking up all your time? I'm a twin and I can tell you it is great!

Good luck!

ArtMuse said...

Welcome to the 'blog-sphere'! I was perusing through your posts and read over the one about having a free clay day. I've done something like that but used some leftover colored model magic, which made the whole process a little easier! Happy blogging :)

Mrs. Schultz said...

YES, Mrs. Skojec, they DO take up a ton of my time! But it is super fun!!! I am going really keep this blog up=to-date this year. . . Stay tuned!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 Double Loaded Paintbrush.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.